JOURNEY TO CONFIRMATION PROGRAM
Led by trained and enthusiastic adult teachers, students in Grades 7-9 will participate in classes, service, field trips, and fellowship/fun opportunities throughout the year. Each student also selects an adult church member to be their Confirmation Mentor. This relationship is invaluable to develop a solid support system for the teen as they explore their journey of faith.
Activities may include:
- Field trips to Canterbury Shaker Village and other faith communities
- Community service projects
- Preparing dinner for local shelters
- Hosting fellowship time after church
- Progressive suppers
- Overnight retreats
- Performing skits for Sunday School students
- Preparing for and leading Easter sunrise service
- Participating in Junior Youth Group
The Rite of Confirmation takes place during the worship service on the first Sunday of June. At that time, confirmands affirm their desire to continue their journey in the Christian faith and the congregation welcomes them into full adult membership. Whether or not a confirmand decides to join the church at that time, all remain part of the church family and are welcome to participate in worship and activities.